Sunday, December 28, 2008

lady spinnerette

Captain Annie has long avoided being Literal or Relevant in the Wunderkammer, but it is time for a change. The reason why is that the kind of thing that people blog about happened. Of course, it happened weeks ago, but Captain Annie decided not to let that get in the way.

Spinnerette finally released some songs, that is what happened! Spinnerette is the band fronted by Brody Dalle, formerly of the Distillers, whom I love dearly. Brody herself has become an icon because she is drop-dead fucking gorgeous.



I saw her once in Manhattan, and the only person who rendered me more starstruck was Lemmy Kilmeister. I was walking up 3rd Ave with Mike after leaving a drawing class, and I was all covered in charcoal, and it was hot as hell. I recognized her tattoos and her new red-headed baby (sired by Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age). She was wearing these insanely cool green alligator platform heels. Mike made me speak to her, so I told her what I thought of her. She seemed over heated and dazed, which was ok, as it was hot as hell. But she really appreciated my complementing her beautiful baby. "Your baby is beautiful," I said.

But I digress. Spinnerette has teased us with silly little clips until recently, with the release of an EP and even a video. I am delighted.

http://spinnerettemusic.com/listen

No comments: